The Hotel Colomba sits at position number 23/500+ in the TripAdvisor ratings. That’s pretty high up for a 3 star hotel, so they must be doing something right.
The TripAdvisor reviewers have some great words for the Colomba
- Just back from 4 days in Florence and found a wonderful hotel Had a fanatic stay – rooms large – staff very friendly – and location was first class – everything right on the doorstep.
- My husband and I, my elderly parents, and another couple booked rooms at the Hotel Colomba for five nights in October, 2008. I stayed there with my daughter two years ago and knew I would go back if I ever had the chance to travel in Italy again. The hotel is close to the Medici-Riccardi Palace, the Duomo, the Accademia.
- The wonderful and attentive Rossi family took such good care of us. The rooms were immaculate and nicely appointed. Comfortable beds, great breakfasts and………………the caffe !!!
- We had a wonderful 5 day stay in Florence. The hotel has an excellent location and facilities were great. Room was large and clean. Breakfast was great. Rosanna was very helpful and made our stay a pleasure.
The Hotel Colomba seeks to mix modern comforts with traditional Tuscan style. As a small hotel of just 14 rooms , guests clearly get a very high level of service from Rosanna, and the hotel’s recent renovation mean that the fittings are fresh and up to date. The Hotel Colomba has spacious rooms which are over and above the standard room sizes in Europe ,as the photos attest. Each room has an en-suite bathroom with shower. Guests can expect to find telephone, satellite tv, air-conditioning and a mini-bar as standard in every room. Being in the centre of town can mean noise, not so much from the traffic, but at night when the city livens up in the summer months and people are letting their hair down and enjoying the city. Rooms at the Colomba are all double-glazed so you can sleep at night, or during the afternoon if you take a “riposino” (like the Spanish siesta). Seven of the rooms give views over the city of Florence while the other seven look over an internal courtyard. There are two rooms which are provided for easy access for disabled persons.
Hotel Colomba is situated in the centre of Florence in an elegant Tuscan building that dates back to the seventeen-hundreds. The location of the hotel is perfect for visiting all of the major attractions and artistic highlights that this city has to offer such as Piazza del Duomo, the Uffizi Gallery, Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio. The convenient location also allows for easy access for travelers arriving by car or train.
The rooms, new and very spacious, are finely furnished and equipped with all of the modern comforts; you will be overwhelmed by our pleasantly relaxing atmosphere. Here, you will receive all the benefits of traditional Tuscan hospitality that is provided by our staff, able to speak many different languages. Hotel Colomba also offers its guests a series of special services such as Free Internet Access and Bar Lounge open 24 hours a day.
Like the Hotel Casci, Hotel Perseo, and Hotel Axial, the Hotel Colomba is in a fabulous location, right in the centre of town. You can walk to the steps of the Duomo in the time it will take you to count to ten. It’s that close. This makes it a great hotel for holiday makers that are looking to visit the sights of Florence during their visit. It’s very easy to reach from the main train station, and a cab ride will take no more than 4 minutes to bring you to the door of the hotel. If you’re arriving by car, then you should expect to pay between 18 & 30 euro’s per day to keep your car nearby, and the Hotel Colomba can take care of all the arrangements.
There are two promotions running on the Hotel Colomba’s website which can be accessed via the online booking engine.
- Promotion 1: If you make a Direct Booking you will receive a 5% discount on the official rate.
More information here
- Promotion 2: Make a reservation of 4 nights or more, to receive a 10% discount on the cost of your booking.
More information here
The Hotel Colomba is a comfortable and well positioned 3 star hotel in the centre of Florence within easy access of the main monuments. With large rooms and a friendly staff it clear that past guests have really enjoyed their stay at this hotel. For more information, please visit their website.