A short walk of fifteen minutes from the centre of Florence can be found a small, discreet and personal Bed and Breakfast that is quietly generating a converted following among budget travellers. Comments from the popular travel review website, Trip Advisor, add futher weight to the growing interest in this liberty style Bed & Breakfast.
- “Superior in the extreme…”
- “Fascinating Soggiorno Stibbert…”
- “Welcoming and friendly to the highest degree…”
- “Our adoptive Tuscan family…”
* translated from Italian reviews….
So, what makes the Soggiorno Stibbert a special place for it’s guests?
First of all, it’s location is quite special because in the summer months in Florence, apart from the usual access restrictions in the centre for cars (hotel’s do have an arrangement that mean that their guests do not have to pay to come into the centre, but it will mean that you need to find somewhere to park the car, which usually means accepting the high prices of private parking options provided by hotels in the centre) the Soggiorno Stibbert is free from this restriction, and there is parking nearby at a greatly reduced price to that of its centre of town competitors.
It’s within walking distance of three main points of focus in the city. First the Fortezza da Basso, which includes the Palazzo dei Congressi, and where some of the city’s most important congresses and trade shows take place every year. Second, it is near (5 minutes) from the main hospital district of Careggi, a district in itself which combines a university, one of Italy’s premier Children’s hospitals, Meyer (Ospedale Pediatrico Meyer) and a fully operational hospital service. It’s one of Italy’s biggest. Lastly the Soggiorno Stibbert is 15 minutes walk from the centre of town – the historic monuments of Florence including the Duomo of Firenze, Ponte Vecchio and the historic Piazza’s, such as Piazza della Signoria. [View location of Relais Stibbert on Google Maps]
What’s the B&B got that others have not?
- A superb breakfast full of homemade pastries, cereals juices and an expresso that would make the average Italian sit up and take note.
- At the weekends you can stay out late and won’t miss the breakfast which runs right the way through to midday.
- As the owners say, it’s your B&B, so take the key and let yourself in.
- If you’re coming to Florence on a tight budget there’s a Full board option (under arrangement with a local restaurant) that will save you money (as other visitors will experience in in some of the tourist traps found in all major tourist cities of the World) and you’ll eat fantastically well too.
- You can surf the Internet from your room or the reading room, it’s wireless and it’s free.
- Pets are welcome, hooray.
- Free daily newspaper and a free drink on arrival.
Of course there’s all the usual services you’d usually associate with a hotel rather than a B&B (fax, photocopying, museum reservation service, local sights excursions), but the Soggiorno Stibbert also comes through a winner on these too. In fact the B&B’s reviews are so encouraging that we’re pretty pleased to have discovered it and brought it to you first on this blog.
A B&B that is competing with those in the town centre, has to offer it’s guests so much more, and the Relais Stibbert doesn’t disappoint.
- Free wi-fi internet connection
- Air conditioning (individually controller)
- LCD TV
- Electric kettle (this is old style but it’s nice having tea under your control!)
- En-suite bathroom with shower stall or bathtub
- Free set with toothbrush and bedroom slippers
- High quality bed linen and towels
- Complementary bath and shower gels
- High-quality “sommier” beds
- Room adjustable Heating
- Private lounge (only Junior Suite)
- Private balcony gazing over the internal courtyard on request
- Extra beds available on request
- Daily room service
- Longstay reservations are eligible for a 10% discount on the reservation.
- Last minute bookings are eligible for a special discount.
- Other relais stibbert special offers from the hotel can be found here.
We give the Relais Stibbert in Florence a big thumbs up. Visit their website and decide for yourself whether it’s going provide a great base from which to take your holiday in Florence.